20100212

UNDER COVER





The Louboutin flats were pinchy, so I exchanged them for these newly-released-to-the-public Ann Demeulemeester covered straps wedge sandals. I've been eyeing these for months now and am sooo excited for their arrival. I rationalized the price by telling myself I can wear them in the winter. They're very similar to my Chloe Sevigny strappy wedges from Opening Ceremony, except the straps on these are covered underneath, and the buckles are more understated. The wedge is also shaped differently; I like how they're squared off in the back. And obviously, Ann D. can do no wrong. I've never bought anything by Ann that I've regretted. I can say the same thing about Givenchy and Rick Owens, but not many others.

I feel like I'm pretty much ready for spring ... even though all I've done lately is buy shoes.

6 comments:

Lorena said...

Good choice for the exchange, these are incredible!

chauss said...

heels over flats, yes.
and i love loubs.
xo chauss

THE DIVINITUS said...

awesome AD boots!

Anonymous said...

Those are some cool boots. All i've done lately is buy shoes too! Now I'm poor

Mikkel said...

they're fantastic!

Style Scientist said...

OMG, Hal! I just ordered these from Barneys last week. They have one in the store, but they were too big for me. My SA placed an order for my size for me, so hopefully they get them in soon. I can't wait to see yours. Please post modelling pics once you get them. They are awesome. I love Ann D!
http://stylescientist.blogspot.com/